Please send your resume to Knaack.HRMail@wernerco.com
This position will perform functions to develop and maintain processes to make product using the
most efficient and economical methods by using engineering, Lean, and Six-Sigma methodologies.
Projects will be aligned to the company’s directive whether through the use and implementation of
new equipment, modifications to equipment or performing Kaizens (Lean, SMED, 5-S, etc.).
The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support and lead projects in the implementations of Lean Manufacturing and Flow line concepts. This includes leading Kaizen events such as Lean, SMED, and 5-S.
- Lead in the investigation and implementation of new technology in order to improve cost and efficiency of producing product.
- Lead projects, which support corporate cost reduction targets.
- Write standardized operator work instructions.
- Assist in customer complaint system, which will include return analysis, actionable data collection, and improvements implemented, in order to improve the product quality.
- Work with shop floor managers, supervisors, and operators to drive quality improvements.
- Actively lead teams in problem solving to drive results and improvements through the use of structural team problem solving techniques such as Six Sigma, Ford Global 8-Disciplines, Design of Experiments, etc.
- Assist in the development and documentation of production quality control plans in order to verify and ensure all stated production and product characteristics are met.
- Reduce scrap cost throughout the facility.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within the Manufacturing team.
- Set personal goals and objectives to stay abreast of and apply world-class quality practices.
- All other duties as directed by supervisor.
Must have a working knowledge of computer software such as CAD, MS Office products including Excel and Project Scheduler, Minitab, and MRP/ERP. Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of associates up to and including Senior Management. Self-starter with high energy level.
Undergraduate degree in Engineering or equivalent, Six Sigma Black belt, mastery of lean manufacturing principles and applications. Mechanical aptitude, strong quantitative skills, financial competency, proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Company Information
Our organization is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the advancement of qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Additional Website Information
To learn more about the Knaack and Weather Guard brands, please visit the following links.